Life is asBeautiful as YOU want it to Be

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Motherhood


Last week Pedro and I were talking about Pedrito.  He is such a ball of energy who NEVER gets tired of running around and jumping up and down.  I asked him if he thought Pedrito had ADHD and he said: 'Of course!  Don't you see him? ( He was at the moment climbing the piano and the bookcases which are not tied to the wall); then I remembered the talk on Sunday by a High Counsel member.  He said that a few months ago he and his wife had a baby daughter, but she was born with some condition and they were told she would live 1...maybe 2 weeks at the most.  She had a little face disfigurement and he started to fear what people would say of her, maybe gossip about how she looked...  That did not happen.  He said ALL the sister of their ward and even the young women expressed with sincerety how beautiful she was.  They showed so much loved and caring for his baby and their actions touched his heart.  The baby would cry.  A lot.  But he said when he tried to help his wife who was holding the baby, she said: 'No, I'll do it.  I want my daughter to "know",without a doubt,  before she leaves us, that I love her very much.'


My son might drive me crazy sometimes, but my hear is so full of love for him.  I need to show him that no matter how much his hyper behavior drives me nuts sometimes, I LOVE him.  I know there is a reason why Heavenly Father sent him to me, I need to learn patience.  I am grateful for Pedrito and the opportunity to be his mom.  I am grateful for the inspired talk from this brother that gave me the eternal perspective of motherhood, which I already know, but it is so easily overlooked in the day to day life. 

So don't forget this Lili, put on your armor of LOVE today and then you'll be ready to begin the day's lesson:  Patience  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment