Life is asBeautiful as YOU want it to Be

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Homecoming Dance


Last Saturday, Erik went to the Homecoming Dance.  First time he goes with a date and so he was pretty nervous about it.  We went to buy cologne, shaving cream, breath mints...  He wanted to be in his best for that night.  Then I started to get really nervous myself when he received a text from his date asking if we could pick her up at her house and if "I" could go inside so her parents could meet me!  I panicked!  I'm not used to this kind of things...  In fact it wasn't long ago when I had to meet my husbands parents and "we" were dating... Was it really THAT looooooooooooong??? 
What a relief it was when we got to Amanda's house and realized I had already met her mom before.
She is a YW President and I had that calling before so we'd had some stake meetings together and she looks so nice and friendly!  Of course I have to mention that I had never met her husband or Amanda's grandparents who were there at the time.  They took some nice pictures and we were all giggling more from nervousess than excitement, I think, and both Amanda and Erik looked very CUTE...

So I drove them to school and on my way there I realized I didn't give Erik any money and I didn't even know if he needed money!  ( I am such a rookie at these things)  So I stopped at a gas station and got about $20 for Erik and then dropped them off at the front of the school.  I saw them walk away and she held his arm and right then and there I started crying.  No I wasn't mad at her...or him...It's just that I saw my child walking away and he wasn't a child anymore...  Erik is turning 16 in about two weeks and before I know it he will be an adult.  This is unknown territory for me, I am used to dealing with children issues, you know, the fighting, namecalling, the not sharing of toys...  But 16 will bring a whole new era for me and my child.  It's the time when he will start practicing his independence and how to be an adult.  I am both excited and afraid.  I'm just hoping I have taught him enough to
make good decisions and I'm sure from now on there will be lots more of praying on my part.

I love my son and I am proud of him.  After all he is the one who changed my mind about not liking kids.  He is a handsome young man who is trying to find his place in life.  I want to make sure he knows that he will always have a place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment