Life is asBeautiful as YOU want it to Be

Friday, October 7, 2011

Tears in His Eyes


      Two days ago my little boy learned a painful lesson, you don't touch the stove carelessly.   He was mad at me for not wanting to give him cereal in the middle of the day, that he slapped hard the top of the stove right where I had just moved the pot from.  I am SO thankful it had been on low and not high or medium-high, because this would have been a real tragedy!  But yes, he burned his hand a little bit and he spent the whole afternoon screaming and crying if he wasn't holding an ice pack in his hand.

     We went to pick Erik up at school and we forgot the ice pack so the whole trip he was screaming and crying while holding his hand.  My heart really melted when I saw Emma looking away and tears streaming down her face... she was suffering to see her baby brother in pain.  That made me feel like crying too, because it's so sweet to see my kids caring so much for each other.  But I didn't cry.  I didn't want to embarras Erik even more than he was. 

     In the evening I gave Pedrito a quick bath and told him to endure the pain a little bit without the ice pack so the pain would really go away.  It did after about 30 to 40 min.  and then he was fine.

     I really hope he learned his lesson in not messing with the stove again, but it's hard to see tears in my children's eyes because they are in pain...  Again, I'm just thankful it wasn't worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment