Life is asBeautiful as YOU want it to Be

Monday, October 3, 2011

General Conference


There is nothing like a weekend filled of uplifting and inspiring messages that help you realize the things you need to work on, but also the blessings that are all around you.  I am 37 years old and I can honestly say that it's only been the last 5 years out of the 22 that I've been a member of the church, that I truly delight in the words of the prophet and apostles.  General Conference was a boring time.  I thought there was a neverending number of speakers and did not pay much attention to it.  I was there, but I was not really there, listening.  But they say that with age comes wisdom.  I love to hear what God has to say through his servants, it is now more personal for me, since I am a woman, wife, mother trying to not only survive but thrive in this difficult world, I KNOW I need my Heavenly Father's guidance.  General Conference is a time when the Lord talks to us, his children.  Every message is important and my spirit is fed by them.  Now I look forward to those two times of the year when God will speak to his church as a whole and also individually.  I am grateful to have a living prophet and apostles who are special witnesses of Christ.  I am grateful that even when it took about 12 years, I realized that General Conference is a time to listen, to be renewed in hope and faith, a time to ponder, a time to repent...  See?  It's not so bad to be getting old, it comes with gifts.  The gift of wisdom... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment